Wednesday 17 June 2015

First time I ate a mussel by Natalie

First time I ate a mussel

The first time ate a mussel it did not go very well. I was at my bach going for a walk around the sharp rocks that were covered in oysters. At the end of the walk Mum and Dad saw my great aunt Janet at her bach.

We started to walk over and then we heard my dog Ted barking from upstairs of our bach. We said that we would come back after we had had a little rest and read. We would come down for a drink and dinner/barbecue.

We went up and Ted was very happy to see us so we gave him some dinner and had a little rest as we said we would. After about an hour we decided to go down to the beach. My great aunt and uncle were ready with the barbecue but guess what they had gone mussel hunting earlier that day and then when the tide was out they had gone pipi hunting.

I thought the mussel looked quite nice at first but boy was I wrong. The mussel turned out to be absolutely gross, it tasted like somebody had poured a whole container of salt onto the mussel. It was so slimy but it was chewy as well. When I first chewed my tummy felt like it had gone on a rollercoaster ten times after eating a ten layered ice cream. In fact the next day I threw up five times just because I ate that absolutely disgusting mussel.

That is the story of the first time ate a disgusting mussel. It was also the story of why I am never going to eat a mussel until I am around 22. Thank you for reading and I hope you learnt something about mussels (that they are disgusting).

No comments:

Post a Comment